Re: [As-users] lock up

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 15:51:35 +0100

Le 2006-01-24 10:31 (mardi), M.-A. DARCHE a écrit /
On 2006-01-24 10:31 (mardi), M.-A. DARCHE wrote :
> Le 2006-01-23 20:37 (lundi), niklas@fet.at a écrit /
> On 2006-01-23 20:37 (lundi), niklas@fet.at wrote :
> >
> > tip : if x does not react, it does not mean afterstep is completely gone;
> > i usually only kill x if i cannot restart as from one of the consoles
> > to do so : export DISPLAY=:0 ; ascommand.pl Restart
> >

> Greeeeat! I need it too since I have the same lock up problems from
> time to time. The afterstep I use is home built.
>
> But when I try to use it there is a socket connexion problem:
> >
> > $ afterstep/bin/ascommand.pl Restart
> > connect: No such file or directory at afterstep/bin/ascommand.pl line 59.
> >

> Any idea of what could cause it?
>
> Here is the code of ascommand.pl where the connexion problem occurs:
> >
> > # connect to AfterStep via a UNIX-domain socket
> >
> >  sub module_connect {
> >    my $socket_name = $_[0];
> >    local *SOCKET;
> >
> >    socket(SOCKET, PF_UNIX, SOCK_STREAM, 0)       || warn "socket: $!";
> >    connect(SOCKET, sockaddr_un($socket_name))    || warn "connect: $!"; # This is #59
> >
> >    # set unbuffered I/O
> >    select((select(SOCKET), $| = 1)[0]);
> >
> >    return *SOCKET;
> >  }
> >

> This afterstep I'm using is a CVS version between 2.0 and 2.1 and maybe
> ascommand.pl has been fixed since this time.
>
> I have a more up-to-date AF version at home and will try the command
> line restart there too.

I confirm that I have the following error with ascommand.pl version 1.2
and AfterStep version 2.00.01:

$ ascommand.pl Restart
connect: No such file or directory at ascommand.pl line 59.

Is this problem corrected in the CVS version? Should I compile and run
from a new checkout?

Cheers,

--
Marc-Aurèle DARCHE