Re: AS on Caldera 2.3

T. Tilton (tilton@servercom.com)
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 10:32:58 -0500

Derek,

The XPM distribution is available on the koala ftp server at
ftp://koala.inria.fr/pub/xpm.

It is available both in source and binaries for various systems. It
includes the library, the header file, and the two programs sxpm
(to show xpm files) and cxpm (to check xpm files).

In addition, you can also find it at
ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/libraries.

You can also get it from the Debian packages site;

http://www.debian.org/Packages/frozen/devel/xpm4g-dev.html

NOTE: that for Debian distro's there are dependency files also.
You should also have installed on your system;

libc6 : GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data
xpm4g : the X PixMap library
xlib6g (>= 3.3.2.3a-2) : shared libraries required by X clients
xpm4g (= 3.4k-5) : the X PixMap library
xlib6g-dev : include files and libraries for X client development

I don't know if other distro's will have these same dependencies
or not (I wouldn't think so but....)

On my Debian system the xpm.h file is in; /usr/X11R6/include/X11/

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Tracy Tilton