Re: WM buttons

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:46:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Eric GAUDET wrote:

>hi,
>I'm trying to understand the window managers secrets (afterstep first, of
>course) : how does an application tells the wm it wants only some buttons in
>the title bar.
>Let me explain : I want to open a window with a title bar, and only the "close"
>button. I can't find anything about that in the xlib, and it seems to be a
>window-manager specific behaviour. All I can do now is to create a window with
>all the (2+3, for me) buttons asked for in the feel ; but I saw some windows
>with only one or 2 buttons on the title bar.
>Can somebody help me with that ?

	I pressume you are wanting an operational answer, and not wanting
to point out in the actual code how it is handled.  The database file
controls the looks of the windows and you must have the development branch
for this to be possible.  It is covered at length in the man afterstep
page; but it has to do with defining a Style with the window name and then
using one or more entries for the buttons you don't wnat to appear,
limited only to those that are predefined in your look file.  The entry is
NoButtons #.  The method used to obtain the window name is also described
in the man afterstep page.

HTH