Re: Logging out

Michael Stenner (mstenner@phy.duke.edu)
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:22:33 -0400

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 03:55:27PM +0200, Stasinos Konstantopoulos wrote:
> I'm running AfterStep 1.6.10 on an HP and I have the following
> problem: when I try to log out all that happens is that the windows
> manager is stopped, but not the session. I have to leave an xterm open
> and from there manually kill the dtsession process. I've tried to
> figure out exactly what gets executed from the Quit form, but it's
> some `Quit' command that I cannot find declared anywhere. Thanks in
> advance,

I'm not too familiar with hp stuff, but....  what does your .xinitrc
look like?  As far as I know, when you log in, your .xinitrc is execed
by your login process.  So in your .xinitrc, you need to make sure
that "exec afterstep" is the last command.  That way, when afterstep
ends, .xinitrc ends, and your session ends.

process.

					-Michael

If this isn't it, please post your .xinitrc or other relevant configs.

--
  Michael Stenner			Office Phone: 919-660-2513
  Duke University, Dept. of Physics	  mstenner@phy.duke.edu