Re: numerous Pager and WinList problems

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:03:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 28 Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:

> There were many bugreports for WinList and Pager being all screwed up after
> patch 05.
> I had no time to closely investigate on that yet, but one mesage received on
> AS-devel mailing
> list makes me thinking that the problem is in intermodule communication code
> that Ethan
> updated in patch 05 in order to make it portable to BSD. Either he fixes it, or
> I'll fix it in my
> next patch.

I've found where WinList is crashing the Xserver on look changes.
If it's hidden and texture_type == 129 `h'(height) is set to -1
in update_winlist_background.  That value is then passed to
fill_with_darkened_background -> ShadePixmap -> CopyAndShadeArea
where XGetImage, expecting an unsigned int for height, promptly
SegFaults.

Ethan's patches work seem to work well on FreeBSD for me.  :)

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null